09 April 2015

The Dining Room









I think I mentioned that we did up our dining room recently to make it function as both a dining room and a sewing room without always looking like a bomb site.  The final bit was putting in a window seat to store my machines and bits and pieces easily.  It has worked like a dream.  The light in this room always seems to be gorgeous, especially since we took down the heavy curtains.  As we didn't get a very hot summer, we haven't yet had cause to regret that yet.  The window seat is used constantly, for taking a nap, plaing games, doing a bit of crafty whatever, lying on to listen to an ipod (yes, we caved) as well as to store my stuff, which it does easily and is not a pain to use. We eat at the table - not every day but if someone is over, or for cake, or if the kitchen table is full and no one can be bothered clearing it.  For a while the playroom was my favourite room, but now its no contest.  I can't stop photographing it, which you'll know if you follow me on Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing room, Julie. I adore the wallpaper and the pendant light. And that the piano is right there. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing room, Julie. I adore the wallpaper and the pendant light. And that the piano is right there. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete